Dundee school board 11/12/09Meeting: Dundee Central School District board of education met for approximately one hour on Nov. 12 followed by an executive session to discuss personnel matters.
Attendance: All board members were present. Approximately 10 members of the public were in the audience.
Action: Approved the senior trip to Walt Disney World/Universal Orlando Resort in April 2010 following a presentation about the planned trip from class representatives.
• Approved six revised policies and two new policies on the first reading.
• Established a Systems Analyst position for technology at a salary range of $50,000 to $65,000 pending experience and notification of Civil Service of the hiring status. Pay will be determined in January 2010, pending the continuation of American Reinvestment Recovery Act.
• Approved the 2009-10 contract with the Yates County Sheriff’s Department for School Resource Officer services in the amount of $37,278.
• Accepted the 2008-09 audit reports.
Discussion without action: Science teacher Jennifer Clancy demonstrated some of the many tools now being used at DCS for the science programs that are keeping students focused and engaged.
• Heard a report from the Building Committee that was followed by discussion of cost of embellishments for the facade such as the owls now on the building.
• Congratulated the Dundee Scotsmen football team for their 9-0 season.
• Congratulated all fall athletic teams for the improvement, excitement and enjoyment of their competitive efforts. Congratulated were Boys and Girls’ soccer and Volleyball teams for a solid season of progress.
• Congratulated November MegaScots Melvina Rhode, Nathan Prior, Jesse Ninos and Samantha Clingerman.
• Agreed to continue evaluation of paperless board of education meetings.
Appointments/resignations: Granted tenure to Nathan Tormey in the Elementary tenure area, effective Jan. 4, 2010.
• Accepted the resignation of Susan Stephens, 40 percent Family Consumer Science teacher, effective Nov. 6.
• Appointed Aerin Lanphear to the 40 percent Family Consumer Science position, effective Nov. 9.
Upcoming meetings: Dec.10 at 7 p.m. in the public meeting room.